Working with BIRT Report Designer
Who Should Attend?
Developers and Project Managers using Eclipse BIRT
This course develops the skills needed to build enterprise reports using Eclipse BIRT Report Designer. Students are introduced to the design tools and basic reporting concepts. In a lab environment, students develop reports that range from simple listing reports to complex reports using grouping, report parameters, multiple master pages, hyperlinks, and a variety of data sources.
Each student receives a workbook, which contains all the exercises students will complete in class. Students also receive BIRT: A Field Guide to Reporting, the book published by Addison-Wesley.
• Creating a simple listing report
• Formatting a report
• Sorting, grouping, and aggregating data
• Creating reports that use parameters
• Writing expressions
• Building a report that contains subreports
• Connecting to JDBC, text, and XML data sources
• Joining data sets
• Creating charts
• Designing a multipage report
• Designing master pages
• Creating hyperlinks
• Adding interactive features to a chart
• Creating and using libraries
• Creating and using templates
Prices are per student and include all training materials. Please call 501-952-8110 for discounts if sending more than 1 student to the same class.